Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I must be the best......

.....seed starter in the WHOLE WORLD! Ok maybe not the whole world. But I'm pretty impressed with myself. I went down to turn the light off for the seeds and noticed the alyssum was dry again so I started spraying them with a spray bottle and low and behold.....there was SPROUTS!!! I planted these babies on Saturday and they already sprouted! (not the picture below) Then I started looking at the other pots to make sure they were watered and THE COSMOS SPROUTED! That too was planted on Saturday! Only 4 days and they are already growing. I thought I was a little chilly down there and it would take longer but they seem to be doing great!
I also got a delivery today for the plants I ordered a couple of months ago. I got 4 trees, 51 bulbs and 24 perennials. Guess what we are going to be doing this weekend!
Tilling and planting!
If the weather holds up!perennials (3 different kinds, 4 plants each)
Bulbs

redbuds (my absolute fave!)


magnolias


I know its really hard to tell in the picture but in the bottom left is an alyssum sprout!


Alyssum sprouts

More Alyssum sprouts! I planted them in a flat but can't remember what color order I put them in....guess I'll have to wait until they bloom


Cosmos 8 of the 12 pots have sprouts


cute little sprouts


















1 comment:

  1. You did great! It's always so exciting when you see the little seeds come to life! The most important thing is to avoid damp-off (fungus that kills the root). Just make sure to have a fan or some sort of air circulation going near the plants and that ought to keep damp off away!

    ReplyDelete