I started with demo yesterday. I started taking the paneling off in Khloe's room because I thought it would be the easiest. yeah right. There were two layers of paneling and then 5 to 6 layer of wallpaper, then plaster and then the outside brick, no insulation. There are glass blocks you can see from outside that are painted over. Well I found the window under the paneling. It's a cool window so I think we are going to frame it out and scrape the paint off the outside. The baseboard was old 2 by4 covered in carpet and when we ripped it off the plaster came with it. So now there are gaps in between the hardwoods and the wall. Needless to say we have to frame and sheetrock the entire room. Including the ceiling because there was accustical tiles glued with black glue. We ripped the carpet out of Khloe's room, the boys room, the room off that, the front room, the stairs and our room.
The glass window in Khloe's room. When I uncovered it I didn't know what it was so I ran away, My friend Hailey thought it was pretty funny
The hallway, just plywood
The boys room, there was a really cool linolium under the carpet, probably from the 40s. I'm wondering if it was the kitchen at one point
The room off the boys room. We think it was the original porch. The black stuff in the rubber backing from the outdoor carpet we pulled up. The door jam from the boys room to this room is really think,like its a door to go outside. There is also a window missing from above the door. Back when the house was bulit they didn't have AC or swap coolers so they had windows above the doors they would open and it would let a breeze it. Also the floor in there is wood but it looks more like porch wood then hardwoods. Also there is a window in there that is covered with cardboard. We knew it was like that but when I really looked it's like that because there is no GLASS!! So we need to fix that before it gets cold.
The front room. Decent hardwoods, but all the light stuff is DIRT,
Our bro-in-law is doing the electrial. THANK YOU, JASON!! We have lights with no switches and switches with no lights. Half the stuff isn't hooked up or it's hooked wrong. The ceiling fan wasn't screwed in to the ceiling lucky it didn't fall on Jason.
I think that's about it for yesterday, we are working today too so I will have more pictures tomorrow.
Thanks to Jason, Spencer and Wil for helping yesterday!!
This is AWESOME!! You guys have your work cut out for you but it will be sooo worth it. I can already see it in it's finished state. It will be gorgeous. Congratulations!! :) :) :) :)
ReplyDelete