Because it was such a GOREGOUS day outside, while the kids were playing I staked the tree! (it took all of 5 minutes) I also dug up some HORRIBLE bulbs that I absolutly hate. Other people like them but I think they look EVIL! They are called Alliums. If anyone wants some I dug them up and put them in a bucket. Some of the ones I dug up were as big as tennis balls! I don't think they are supposed to get that big!!
And alas no pictures because Brett won't be back until sunday night and I'm sure it will snow again and I won't be able to take pictures of my progress (as little as it is)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go Brett!!!! Sucka! Good job Jaycee and some good hard stakin'! I'd come visit if it weren't for Bronson and his cough!
ReplyDeleteNo, they do get as big as tennis balls. They spread easily too. I'd lay odds you'll still be digging some up next year too! There are worse bulbs though- NEVER plant Grape Hyacinths (not to be confused with regular hyacinths) also called Muscari. There is no killing those things!
ReplyDeleteI used to like allium because they were unusual, but they don't go with anything I grow. And I can't get rid of grape hyacinths even though I dig them up every year. They're are now growing in the grass.
ReplyDeleteSounds like and ambitious spring for you.
Good luck
Helen