Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rain

I'm grateful for the rain. Not only does that mean its not snowing but it's giving water to the plants. What I most love about the rain is that it reminds me of Seattle. In August in will be 5 years that we have lived in Utah. I like it here but I love it in Seattle. I miss the rain and the trees and especially the water. I never understood until we moved here what a joy it is to live near the water. I think it made my homesickness worse when we went to visit last May. Brett and I didn't want to leave, but now we know that one day we will move back (hoepfully sooner rather then later). The kids loved the water too. It would be hard to move back because we couldn't see the family all the time but it would give them an excuse to make a trip uo there. So I love the rain, and thats ok if you think I'm insane!!

1 comment:

  1. Since Rachel and Stirling moved to Dupont, Wa. John and I have been there 3 times. I now know what you are talking about when you say you miss it. It is beautiful up there and we love going there, but most of all to see them and their son Stockton. Home is usually where you grew up and SLC will always be my home. And Rachel really likes Washington, but desires to be back in Utah someday. I plan on teaching until the end of this school year which is July because of year round school--then I plan on seeing you and the children more often. This blessing blog is great!
    Love,
    Aunt Helen

    ReplyDelete