Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 8 and 9

I have to do another combo day because Brett didnt get home until 2am with the camera this morning. It's really funny because he had to walk home last night. He didn't take his bike and Jason left before he did. He was safe so don't worry. Ok so Brett finished framing and putting in insulation. Jason put cans in (for lights) Tyler and I pulled about 1000 nails out of the ceiling boards, ok maybe not that many but it sure seemed like it. No pictures of that because you couldn't see anything. I also started on de-wallpapering the dining room. Tyler took all the staples out of the stairs. Thanks for all the help!!
The next day I tackled the wallpaper in the dining room. Three layers on top of plaster. The easiest way is to score the wall and then spray with vinegar water and then scrape off after you let it set for a minute. Can I just tell you how much I smell like vinegar? Khloe helped a little bit and the kids were surprisingly good today for being at the house all day. Brett and Ryan drywalled Khloe's room. It looks great. Jason kept wiring the house so far he's done two rooms and gone thru 400 feet of wire....that's CRAZY!! I will post some other stuff that the kids did toady on the family blog. But that's what we got done today. yeah two walls of de-wallpapering took me all day. Whoever invented wallpaper should have to remove it!Khloe's room with insulation
Khloe helpiing me with the wallpaper. Yeah they are not even full walls because 2/3 of the way up from the floor is paneling. It SUCKED!

The biggest wall in the dining room that is now wallpaper free


Khloe's room with drywall. It looks so huge! Brett just has to finish the window in the corner and the other two windows




Khloe's room just has to be taped and muded and sanded and then we can paint!




No comments:

Post a Comment