Today I got a great start on the house. I got there about 9:30am with the kids, the did really good for about 2 hours so I called Val and like the great mother in law and grandma she is, she came to pick the kids up and had them until about 6pm. Thanks Val!! It was a good thing we didn't have the kids there. IT was super messy and dusty. I took the drop ceiling out of the dining room. That gave us about 3 more feet up. We are taking the plaster out of one wall and framing the other two because the walls are too uneven and the plaster too damaged. We are also taking the ceiling out. We found out the ceiling in the kitchen is new and framed so we can put cans in, Whoo hooo! So I left about 6 to make dinner. It was exhausting but a productive day. While I was at home, Brett took out the rest of the bathroom floor. It was rotted and extremely disgusting. Jason got the cans working in the front room so we have light now!! I had to go thursday night to get the garbage cans and it was so dark and scary in the house with no lights. But thanks to Jason we don't have to worry about that anymore! Thanks Jas! (and thanks to his wife for letting him come over)
The toilet was weird because we thought it was a short toliet but it turns out when they put a new subfloor in they didn't take the old one out they just put it on top and instead of taking the toliet out and putting it on top of the new subfloor they just cut a hole so the toliet would fit around it. I can't stand LAZY ASS PEOPLE!
woohoo!! Looks good! I bet you are so glad you spent all that time taking the wallpaper off that wall, huh? Oh well it will be great! That's great about the toilet....some people's children....geesh!
ReplyDelete