Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gratitude Challenge Day 5

Today I am supposed to write 5 minutes on the the things that I have that I am grateful for, not things I wish I had.
I am grateful I have a house! It needed a lot of work and I am grateful that we could do most of it and also grateful for AWESOME family and friends that helped us. We couldn't have done it without them!I am so VERY grateful for my cute little family. My husband Brett puts up with so much from me. If I wasn't such a basket case he would be done with school. But he contiues to be patient and loving towards me even though I know sometimes he wants to wring my neck. My daughter Khloe, she's the oldest and she gets alot of stuff but she is also so caring and loving towards her brothers. She is a great helper too, even when she doesn't want to be. Gage, is the middle kid and is such a riot. He has this bright red hair that I just love to bits. He is such a great hugger and likes to help too....when he wants too. I can't believe how big he is getting and how smart he is. Jett is my roly-poly fat boy. He's not really fat but fatter then the other two. He is all little boy, he likes to play with army men and cars. They all do something at least a couple of times a day that makes me laugh and want to squeeze them!


Here is my phatty little bro, Levi. He is the best brother by far. He has done so much for me since my parents died. Here is an example, This last year I turned 30 and was a little bummed because a bunch of us girls were going to go to Vegas and it just didn't pan out. I talked to Levi about it and just wanted to vent. I love my husband but when it comes to planning stuff he falls WAY short. So I have a niece and nephew that have birthdays really close to mine so we were going over there for cake and ice cream. I wanted to hurry up and go so we could leave sooner. Brett kept stalling and it was making me grumpier. I was getting ready when there was a knock on the door, Brett answered it and said "There is so one at the door for you" This made me more pissy, so I stomp out to the front door and who do you think it is? MY BROTHER! He drove down for my birthday! It totally made my birthday and he stayed for thanksgiving. See I was right, best brother EVER!


I am grateful for family. This is Brett's brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews and I think there is an uncle in there and his mom and stepdad. I could not have married into a better family. Some times they can be a little crazy and I want to wring their necks but I love them all dearly. They have totally made me feel like a part of the family. Since my parents have passed and I don't see my family all that often it really is a blessing!






No comments:

Post a Comment